Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Last Day in New York

First off, let me say that I am still overwhelmed to be a member of such a thrilling production.  After the first day of rehearsal, I could feel that this would be a special show.  Playing on the legendary stage of the Apollo was awe-inspiring, and many of my friends here in New York came to see the show (mad props to you all).  On several nights, members of the cast/crew/band would ask just how large my cheering section was because of how vocal you were!

The list of celebrities that attended the show was rather lengthy: from Mario Lopez and Joan Rivers to Chris Rock and the living members of the Jackson 5.  But by far, one of the highlights of my life was getting to meet and take a picture with Halle Berry (check out my Facebook profile for the pic)!  Our final two shows yesterday at the Apollo were absolutely stunning and thankfully, we were given all of Sunday to pack.  I'll be on a bus that leaves from the Winter Garden Theater at noon tomorrow on my way to Baltimore.  More to follow!

1 comment:

  1. awww, yay for the new yorkers who got to come see! wish i could... sounds mad crazy... but i'm so excited that you're doing this blog!
    go professor daddy!
    <3
    jenni

    ReplyDelete